LENA Grow Coach Certification
Thank you for being a LENA coach! Your efforts help the teachers you work with to grow professionally in ways that will positively impact the lifelong learning of the children in their care. Coaches who have completed at least one LENA Grow cycle have the option to become LENA Certified. LENA Certification confirms you have met program requirements and endorses your expertise in helping teachers promote quality interaction in the classroom.
To become LENA Certified, coaches must:
- Complete LENA Coach training
- Complete the LENA Coaching Quiz with 80 percent accuracy
- Complete at least one LENA Grow sequence
- Document goals with each teacher on “Coaching Sessions Notes and Goals” worksheets
- Show Talking Tips videos and/or discuss Conversation Starters during each coaching session
- Integrate the Midpoint Reflection booster content (Session 5) including Progress Reports review
- Implement “Beat your Best” goal setting before the final two LENA Days
- Have at least one room earn a total number of stars that is higher than their total number of LENA Days
- Complete the LENA Grow Program Survey
You can complete the required steps and track your progress toward LENA Coach Certification in LENA Online. Simply log in and use the menu to navigate to the Certification Dashboard.
NOTE: As of November 2020, the coach certification process is now located in LENA Online. If you were in the process of completing certification or have questions about this change, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you complete your certification.