LENA Grow Coach Certification
Thank you for being a LENA coach! Your efforts help the teachers you work with to grow professionally in ways that will positively impact the lifelong learning of the children in their care. Coaches who have completed at least one LENA Grow cycle in 2019 have the option to become LENA Certified. LENA Certification confirms you have met program requirements and endorses your expertise in helping teachers promote quality interaction in the classroom.
To become LENA Certified, coaches must:
- Complete LENA Coach training
- Complete the LENA Coaching Quiz with 100 percent accuracy
- Complete at least one LENA Grow sequence in 2019
- Document goals with each teacher on “Coaching Sessions Notes and Goals” worksheets
- Show Talking Tips videos and/or discuss Conversation Starters during each coaching session
- Attend three director/coach meetings to discuss monthly progress
- Integrate the Midpoint Reflection booster content (Session 5) including Progress Reports review
- Implement “Beat your Best” goal setting before the final two LENA Days
- Submit “Coaching Session Notes and Goals” worksheets to the center director at the end of the program sequence to verify goals documentation for each teacher
- Have at least one room earn a total number of stars that is higher than their total number of LENA Days
- Complete the LENA Grow Program Survey
With these requirements in mind, there are three main steps in the certification process.
Step 1: LENA Coaching Quiz
Completing the LENA Coaching Quiz with 100 percent accuracy confirms that you understand all major aspects of LENA Grow and can fully interpret LENA Reports with teachers during coaching sessions. The LENA Coaching Quiz must be submitted electronically and takes less than 10 minutes.
Step 2: LENA Grow Program Survey
Within two weeks of the end of the program, complete the LENA Grow Program Survey, which is designed to help LENA understand your experiences for the purposes of program improvement. The Program Survey must be submitted electronically and takes less than 15 minutes.
Step 3: LENA Coach Certification Application Form
The final step for coaches in the certification process is completing the Certification Application Form, which can be accessed through the link below. The application form must be submitted electronically and takes less than 10 minutes.
Once the application is submitted, LENA will review and send to the center director for approval. If the application is approved, LENA will email the coach a PDF copy of their official certification.
Questions about the certification process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.